Our Sports & Fitness Center offers Undergraduate and Graduate Internships in Exercise Science/Physiology, Adaptive Physical Education, Recreation, Marketing, Public Administration, and related fields.
Our interns have the autonomy to shape their time with us. They receive hands on experience working with individuals of all ages and abilities. Our staff will support you in shaping internship to align with your academic and career goals. The intern experience will include:
- Hands on experience with specialized, inclusive, and adaptive recreation and fitness programs.
- Exposure to individuals with a wide range of disabilities.
- Exposure to all aspects of Recreation Administration (outreach, special events, fundraising, budgeting, program development, volunteer coordination, partnership development, marketing and public relations).
Examples of activities interns will be exposed to, depending on the season, may include:
- Court Sports
- Fitness Classes
- Physiology Testing
- Day Camps
- Physical Education
- Social Recreation
- Strength and Conditioning
- Youth Programs
- Fall Semester: August 1st
- Spring Semester: January 1st
- Summer Semester: May 1st
As an organization serving a diverse population, we also strive to have a diverse volunteer base. New volunteers are always welcome at Oak Hill Adaptive Sports & Fitness. Get involved and volunteer in a program or coach a team. You will feel great and help others at the same time.
Interested in volunteering? Apply here.